The world - Part II (Russia)
Well, Russia's a large country and I only went to Moscow. For work. May never get to come back given the exorbitant prices. But to be more specific, aside from the event venue, I had 90 minutes to explore the Red Square. Which was beautiful.
(Red = beautiful, in Russian).
St Basil's Cathedral. The cathedral does have another name, but was named St Basil by the people. He was a holy man, a fool in the name of God. He used to wear no clothes. I see where the monika came from...





GUM department store. Tres chic, where all the best brands cost 25% more than anywhere else in Europe.


Lenin's mausoleum

The Kremlin star atop a tower of the Kremlin wall.

The Historical Museum, by day, by night and close up as well



Guarding the Unknown Soldier

Nesting dolls at a market stall

The centre of Russia where everything is measured from. You toss coins for luck. The babushkas standing nearby rush to collect them. I don't think that was the point, but ... anyway
(Red = beautiful, in Russian).
St Basil's Cathedral. The cathedral does have another name, but was named St Basil by the people. He was a holy man, a fool in the name of God. He used to wear no clothes. I see where the monika came from...
GUM department store. Tres chic, where all the best brands cost 25% more than anywhere else in Europe.
Lenin's mausoleum
The Kremlin star atop a tower of the Kremlin wall.
The Historical Museum, by day, by night and close up as well
Guarding the Unknown Soldier
Nesting dolls at a market stall
The centre of Russia where everything is measured from. You toss coins for luck. The babushkas standing nearby rush to collect them. I don't think that was the point, but ... anyway

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home