Saturday, June 21, 2008

We are not alone

In a moment of (I'm ashamed to say) boredom and vanity on a Saturday afternoon, I was ... okay, okay I admit it ... googling my own name.

In my defense, I always find it amusing to see what other Hardjonos there are in the world. (I'm 100% confident we won't be related, because of the unusual nature of how names are passed on in Indonesian culture, but it's still interesting).

In the admittedly short trawl, I was astonished to come upon this blog:
It's "The Hardjono" blog.

And the entry listed is about going to Jane and Edwin's housewarming.

And then there's an Auntie Jane.

And there's also an Auntie Silvia. As I scrolled down I realised it is a real blog, but for a split second I felt all big brother-y and ... frightened.

Upon a frantic further persual, I find out the author is 32, she is a music teacher and enjoys cooking. But, her name is "The", so she's not really my missing twin. How can I be sure of this, I hear you ask? Because she is already a twin! Arghghhhh!

So, now I can sleep assured knowing for a fact that I'm literally not the only Hardjono (get it? aheh) blogging to her family about the little details of life in a foreign country.

And after the initial freaky factor, it's kind of nice. I might drop "The" Hardjono a line, let her know her Dutch counterpart is doing her bit for the Hardjono name.

Check it out ....

:)
http://thehardjono.blogspot.com/2008/05/we-went-to-jane-and-edwins-housewarming.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

spooky!!

Pat Quinton (Lenis's Mum)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home