Letting go and giving thanks
I've finally started to learn how to stop things I've started.
Well, it began with my new job a few of weeks ago ... many people work part-time.
Because of this, there is sometimes a need to just let things wait until people come back and pick up what they call here "the red thread".
It's a real and refreshing change from the relentless push of constant deadlines, almost zealous dedication and an inability to divorce the personal life from the professional one (ah, ad-land).
And so, I just do things as they come. At work, at home. (We had store bought quiche with home-made stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight. No worries, no need to make everything myself.)
Call it an excuse (!) but basically this means that I didn't write a novel this month. Not this November.
However, I did write two songs.
Two songs that I actually like and feel proud of; two songs I have performed to my Eddie of course, and can sing on the way to work. Two songs I may record one of these days (thanks to the kind offer of my piano teacher and her partner).
Letting things go can mean that new things come along to replace them.
For this I'm so very thankful.
Well, it began with my new job a few of weeks ago ... many people work part-time.
Because of this, there is sometimes a need to just let things wait until people come back and pick up what they call here "the red thread".
It's a real and refreshing change from the relentless push of constant deadlines, almost zealous dedication and an inability to divorce the personal life from the professional one (ah, ad-land).
And so, I just do things as they come. At work, at home. (We had store bought quiche with home-made stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight. No worries, no need to make everything myself.)
Call it an excuse (!) but basically this means that I didn't write a novel this month. Not this November.
However, I did write two songs.
Two songs that I actually like and feel proud of; two songs I have performed to my Eddie of course, and can sing on the way to work. Two songs I may record one of these days (thanks to the kind offer of my piano teacher and her partner).
Letting things go can mean that new things come along to replace them.
For this I'm so very thankful.

1 Comments:
Hang in there, you... and of course congrats with the new little family member!
A, who is also about to let something go (Sounds a bit iffy - even whiffy - but you might know what I'm referring to. Possibly maybe.)
Post a Comment
<< Home