Monday, October 15, 2007

What can you celebrate on a Sunday?

Yesterday it was Mary's 2nd birthday. She had a chocolate birthday cake and received lots of presents - so she told me on the phone. I hear tell that Mary is keeping up with the newest miniature co-ordinated outfits of her age-group and that she wears her hair up in a ponytail. She even sports training pants because she decided last week that she would potty-train herself. Indeed, Mary can say "I big girl" ... and it sounds like the truth. I miss her.
Yesterday Edwin and I celebrated our 3rd month wedding anniversary - every day of it fabbo. We celebrated it by spending 5 hours at the sauna.

But before that, we dropped into Eindhoven to cheer on some arguably crazy people as they spent their Sunday running a mere 42km in very pleasant Dutch autumn weather.

Check out this wacko!




I managed to happily squeeze in a bit of window shopping - and am very proud to shout out loud to the world at large that I saved a big wad of cash because shops are only open once a month on Sundays in the Netherlands!

And yeah, why not spend a Sunday giving thanks to a local hero. Well, sure, Fritz Philips put Eindhoven on the map, but yesterday my Ed certainly fit the part of king of Eindhoven ... (Ads for Eindhovens Dagblad - the local rag - ... to be used as sitting thingies for spectators of the Eindhoven marathon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home