Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"World Press Photo Winner 2007"

This photo would win the grand prize, for me this year.
It's a sweet moment of an adorable child with her adoring grandfather.
Perhaps what makes it so special to me is I didn't know my own grandparents nor do I know my extended family; I've only ever had my parents and two sisters. I find it an absolute miracle that we have sprouted to become new families - what was once the Hardjono family is now the Tyers, the van Rases and also the Hardjono-Mains. These families are just beginning to grow into the third generation and soon we'll create and experience a new idea of family. That's something really new to me.
I was thinking about little Mary last night. I wished I could give her just one hug and give her an extra squeeze to help me remember the warmth of her wriggly little form. And I wished I could give my dad a cuddle too.
Missing you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home