Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 9: Places

14 September - 20 September: Croatia

Split´s cafés can often be found with seating on the narrow staircases that weave throughout the city. It´s cosy. It´s nice to see local boys check out the local girls. I had squeezed into a spot next to a pair of these famous beauties, when a couple of boys stumbled down the stairs, turning their heads, eyes positively glued to these girls. One boy even lowered his sunglasses to get a really good look. The women took it all in their stride. It must happen to them every other minute. I can only imagine!

I enjoyed a particularly delightful bob about in the Adriatic. Afterwards I had an unusual but delicious chicken teriyaki accompanied with cranberries and sultana scented rice at Eastwest restaurant. Dubrovnik is indeed a pearl on this coast.
Trogir is a special place for me, because of the gorgeous beach at our campsite there. The crystalline waters plunge to a depth much taller than I and it is there that I found the confidence to head in without my floatation ring and tread water … for more than 20 minutes! With so much salt in the Adriatic, I find I’m super buoyant. Oh, I could spend all day at that beach, but alas it wasn’t possible. Too much to see and do in Croatia!

View of Trogir, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Croatia.

A balcony on an old Trogir-ian building.
Boats moored near our campsite, in Trogir.
The beach at our campsite. Very small, private and warm.
Some marble lions of Trogir-ian provenance.
A Trogir-ian sunset.
Sitting in the ruins of Split.
A Split beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home