Monday, October 30, 2006

Meet the two newest recruits with the nuns of Vught

Yep, Lenise and I are the new English teachers (#37 and #38) at the (within the Netherlands) extremely famous and prestigious language institute, Regina Coeli. (See www.reginacoeli.nl for more.)

We can do normal, too.
Talk about a trifecta.
Last week:
  1. I had a birthday on Wednesday (see blog entry What do your shoes say about you? from Fri 27 Oct)
  2. I got engaged the same day (see blog entry What do your shoes say about you? from Fri 27 Oct)
  3. ... and on Friday I got a job!

Check out Lenise and my "Let the nations rejoice, we are finally gainfully employed!" faces at our celebration dinner later that day, with Nico and Edwin.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as a future colleague, let me one of those lot to congratulate both of you (with identical blog comments as well!). Ah yes, the power of Google... sooo easy to track people down!

Don't worry or get paranoid (yet): Coeli's a great place to work.


Alex, a future colleague
alex@kissmyarts.nl

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who was Regina? She's got her fingers in a lot of pies... There's a Regina Coeli Community here in Melbourne - its a residential and outreach service for homeless women - situated in your old stomping ground of North Melbourne.
Let us know how the new job's going...
Anna Geeeee
xo

1:24 AM  
Blogger Chasing Paradise said...

Hi Anna G!
Regina Coeli is the latin for "Queen of Heaven" or something. So, it's a good religious (and Catholic) name to crown any reputable institution with. I imagine the Regina Coeli Community in N. Melb was founded by RC nuns, as was this language institute here in NL.

I start working in January, which is a fast-track month of "how to teach" (tee hee) and "how to speak Dutch" (also tee hee) as most of my students will be Dutch. I am guessing my first days of work will happen in February. Until then, I'm a lady of leisure!
Jane
xx

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home