Lekker
Let me tell you about the Dutch word lekker. This is a very good adjective that can be used to describe food, sun, water and sometimes people (in a très intime sort of way. E.g. someone good looking is een lekker ding. A "nice" thing.)
Anway, that with that "vocabularic" tidbit over with ... I'm gonna have a birthday soon. And it's started already! Yay!
I went to visit my friend Gaby for a cup of lekker coffee today ... and she had cake for me! Mmm, jammie, I mean, yummy! Or, lekker!
That's because she can't make it to my birthday drinks next Wednesday night. At the very time we will sing me the Dutch equivalent of "Happy Birthday" she will possibly be playing tennis under a 27 - 30◦C lekker sun or maybe snorkelling beneath lekker waters , somewhere along a lekker beach in Florida.
What a sweetheart! She is really aardig. Not lekker. Well, not to me. Because for me say she is lekker would be weird. She is married, after all. To a man.
Anway, that with that "vocabularic" tidbit over with ... I'm gonna have a birthday soon. And it's started already! Yay!I went to visit my friend Gaby for a cup of lekker coffee today ... and she had cake for me! Mmm, jammie, I mean, yummy! Or, lekker!
That's because she can't make it to my birthday drinks next Wednesday night. At the very time we will sing me the Dutch equivalent of "Happy Birthday" she will possibly be playing tennis under a 27 - 30◦C lekker sun or maybe snorkelling beneath lekker waters , somewhere along a lekker beach in Florida.
What a sweetheart! She is really aardig. Not lekker. Well, not to me. Because for me say she is lekker would be weird. She is married, after all. To a man.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home