Close proximity to walls
I admit it. It's not all hunky dory all of the time here.
- Well, for instance it's raining right now and I rode into town and now have mud all over the back of my new jacket because I have a stupid gung-ho mountain bike with no mudguards. I need an omafiets.
- I have a pain in my back and my regular quarterly/tri-monthly back-spasm thingie is likely to take place any minute ... and probably before I get to the physio on Monday.
- I've spent the day running errands. Ugh.
- And cleaning the house. Double, no, triple ugh.
- This means I still don't have a job.
- I'm turning 31 tomorrow.
- The birthday cake I've ordered for tomorrow will cost me the equivalent of AUD$70. Ouch.
- I believe am coming down with a cold and only have tomato-based soup in the house to eat. (See Do the words Friday, thirteenth and a goat mean anything to you? blog entry from Fri 13 Oct 2006 for more info.)
- I have a "practice your dutch" session tonight, but frankly, after writing this whingey blog entry, I don't feel like going anymore.
- If I were to go, I would have to leave for the session in half an hour. It's still raining, but now with an additional dark and foreboding-looking thing going on.
So, this is the first and hopefully the last time I am all "myah-myah-boo-hoo-poor-me-I'm-poor-and-unemployed-and-old". I have made a habit of publishing what is happening to me, my new experiences and stuff, but I should also be allowed just once to write that I'm feeling sad or flat. But while I would say that most of the time it's good...
... today is a blue day.
I've hit the wall.
Tomorrow I had better snap out of it and force myself to have a good time!

3 Comments:
Cheer up Janey, it's your birfday. Hope the cake is worth it and someone gives you a mudguard for a present!!
Enjoy your day - no housework - and I'll have a glass of Yellow for you tonight!
lots of xo, Anna Geeeeee
Happy Birthday Jane. And I believe congratulations are in order. Lindsay and I are very thrilled to hear that you and Edwin are engaged. Lots of love to you both!!!
Ros XXX
Jano-it's Caitlin! Georgie just sent me your blog site. I feel like I'm in Holland with you. I hope your'e feeling better today..a blue day every now and again might even possibly be good for the soul? Maybe???
And of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Remember I will always be older than you.
love
caitlin xx
Post a Comment
<< Home