Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 11: Places

20 September - 27 September: Italy - Switzerland - Eindhoven Me being ´bedazzled´, as Edwin would say, by the masterpieces in the Vatican Museums.
A ceiling by Rafael.
This guy has dolphins in his beard. Cool.
Listening to stories while admiring a fresco by Rafael.
By far my favourite sculpture or piece of art on this entire journey. Michaelangelo´s ´Pieta´.
This spiral staircase in the Vatican was built only in 1932 by Guiseppe Momo (cool name, eh?). Its double helix design is echoed in Berlin´s Reichstag building.
(I so am not Audrey Hepburn, but yes, what a Roman Holiday!)
The Trevi Fountain is just wonderful, but the clamouring masses that surrounded it was simply too much. It’s late September people! Don’t you have jobs, other things to see, and do? Anyway, I chucked a coin in. We’ll be comin’ back to Rome.



Umbrian hills roll on for as far as the eye can see. I think I like Umbria’s landscape more than Tuscany’s, dare I say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home