Week 11: People
21 September - 27 September: Italy - Switzerland - Eindhoven
Wendy Murrays’ 2007 book on St Francis of Assisi's life "A Mended and Broken Heart" is somewhat contraversial as she asserts that Francis loved Clare (the Saint) and revered her as a knight would his damsel. She was always faithful to him, through his work, rejection from his own order and illness. But in the end it was light reading, and told me little more than I learnt from visiting the Basilica and reading a comic book of his life, "The Illustrated Life of St Francis". Above all, I admire St Francis´ attitude, that everything (the world in nature and human/plant/animal life) around us is connected, to remind us to give thanks to a higher power. Thank you St Francis.

Wendy Murrays’ 2007 book on St Francis of Assisi's life "A Mended and Broken Heart" is somewhat contraversial as she asserts that Francis loved Clare (the Saint) and revered her as a knight would his damsel. She was always faithful to him, through his work, rejection from his own order and illness. But in the end it was light reading, and told me little more than I learnt from visiting the Basilica and reading a comic book of his life, "The Illustrated Life of St Francis". Above all, I admire St Francis´ attitude, that everything (the world in nature and human/plant/animal life) around us is connected, to remind us to give thanks to a higher power. Thank you St Francis.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home