When we go out to the woods today ...

Edwin and I are up to day 2 of this ke-raaaaazy soup diet that my parents recommended. The diet's philosophy is based on eating a particular(-ly boring) soup. The extra treat we get today is veggies. And a baked potato each. Yay.
So Ed and I went running in the woods just before lunch, to stave off the hunger a little bit.
I have to make an admission on behalf of my beloved. He's not so good with directions. In June this year when we were in Byron Bay trying to get back to Brissie in our campervan, his internal compass told him to drive immediate southwards. Only after 45 minutes' driving in pitch-blackness, accompanied by brutal rain and a vicious wind did I realise we needed to make a 180 degree turn and retrace our tracks! So today when we went to a nearby park to "ease back into sport because, you know, we've been pretty sedentary for a while", the 50 minute run wasn't part of the plan. It was shaming, for we had to ask people - twice - for directions. The first direction-givers were rather surprised to see us, from afar, doing a circuit of the area they specifically told us to avoid. When we saw this family again as we were about to leave the park, we said we did that deliberately. You know, a bit of "extra oefening". A-heh.


Anyway, we must persist with this 7-day adventure-challenge. But honestly it's a miracle that I made it through yesterday. I'm a bit afraid now that the weekend is nearly over and Edwin goes back to work. I mean, being at home all by myself during the week for the next 5 days, can I really be trusted with all the hagelslag, breadcrumbs and you know, flour and stuff in the pantry?
Hagelslag is like hundreds-and-thousands, but not the little ballie shaped variety. It's like the little straight sprinkles, and hagelslag is chocolate coloured and flavoured rather than multi-coloured and generic flavoured. Hmmm, hagelslag/hundreds-and-thousands...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home