Anticip ......................ation!
I'm feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness!
Today I have lunch with Gaby (no, that's a good excitement and no it doesn't make me nervous), then I have another appointment at 4.30pm with a girl I met online (okay that sounds weird, but hear me out) who has the following statistics:
Nationality: Australian
Age: 30
Town: Eindhoven
Time spent here: 2 months
Partner: Dutch
Starsign: Scorpio
Interests: writing, travelling, cycling, yoga
Dutch: learning and is determined to speak it well very very soon
Job prospects: not full-time employed and has an interview next week with Regina Coeli, a language institute in Vught
Sound familiar? Could be me.
A-ha, that's what you thought!
But no it's not; it's Lenise, the girl I met online.
Get this: Yesterday Lenise admitted to me in an email that she was thinking about starting yoga, but when the day came around to start classes she got lost and was too late ... and was too embarrassed to come back. Ever.
However: a few weeks ago my yoga teacher told me that an "English speaking girl" was going to turn up to class and wouldn't that be nice for me. The girl never turned up!
Interesting fact: Lenise's boyfriend works in Venlo, and Edwin just rejected a project based in Venlo. Okay, that's a bit of a stretch and maybe not all that interesting.
How spooky is this? Lenise and I are meeting up this afternoon. More later.
Today I have lunch with Gaby (no, that's a good excitement and no it doesn't make me nervous), then I have another appointment at 4.30pm with a girl I met online (okay that sounds weird, but hear me out) who has the following statistics:
Nationality: Australian
Age: 30
Town: Eindhoven
Time spent here: 2 months
Partner: Dutch
Starsign: Scorpio
Interests: writing, travelling, cycling, yoga
Dutch: learning and is determined to speak it well very very soon
Job prospects: not full-time employed and has an interview next week with Regina Coeli, a language institute in Vught
Sound familiar? Could be me.
A-ha, that's what you thought!
But no it's not; it's Lenise, the girl I met online.
Get this: Yesterday Lenise admitted to me in an email that she was thinking about starting yoga, but when the day came around to start classes she got lost and was too late ... and was too embarrassed to come back. Ever.
However: a few weeks ago my yoga teacher told me that an "English speaking girl" was going to turn up to class and wouldn't that be nice for me. The girl never turned up!
Interesting fact: Lenise's boyfriend works in Venlo, and Edwin just rejected a project based in Venlo. Okay, that's a bit of a stretch and maybe not all that interesting.
How spooky is this? Lenise and I are meeting up this afternoon. More later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home