Week 5: Things
10 August - 16 August 2009: Hungary
Soft serve icecream – not your measly 3 or 4 swirls visible atop a cone (ha, I laugh!), but 11, or if you’re lucky, 12!
At lunch yesterday Edwin ordered the fried trout with parsley potatoes yesterday. It was absolutely amazing, and sadly we have no photo as we came to the restaurant sans apparaat, and it was inhaled before one could blink an eyelid. The whole trout had been gutted but neither skinned nor filleted, and so was breaded and deep fried to a crunchy delight. We could eat the bones, except for the spine, and it was just divine. I had the pork medallions served with mozarella, cheese and krokettes which were also very good, but thanks to our policy of eating a portion of the other’s meal, I was able to equally enjoy Edwin’s excellent choice.

The many, many swans on Balaton Lake.
Mum said we should try gulasch and dobos torte while we’re here in Hungary. We have tried both, here, by the lake. Well, I had the gulasch soup which was very good, and I should like to the actual gulasch and also the dobos torte once again but tomorrow in Budapest as the cake we had at the local coffeeshop here was a bit crumbly and the chocolate filling tasted like mock cream. It shouldn’t, should it Mum?
We were walking along the marina at Balatonfüred and saw this, we think, inappropriately named sailboat. (See enlargement below).
Edwin pointed and gaped and I just giggled, confusedly. After we regained the ability to behave normally, we took this photo. (It could mean something else in Magyar, but probably not.)
Edwin pointed and gaped and I just giggled, confusedly. After we regained the ability to behave normally, we took this photo. (It could mean something else in Magyar, but probably not.)

2 Comments:
Ha! That boat name is funny.. and gross at the same time. God knows what's happening when that boat's a 'rocking.. ewww..
tres charmant! As is your delightful narration... Jano, I am thoroughly enjoying every bit! (I have a bit of catching up to do--I'm having quite a binge right now and I'm giggling away and missing you and wishing you and Ed lots more fun as you go. xx
Post a Comment
<< Home