Week 4: Places (part II)
3 August - 9 August: Austria and Hungary
Kleines Cafe is simply cosy and wonderful and everyone must take a Groβ Brauner there. It´s a double espresso with a splash of frothed, warmed milk. And do order a brot, with something fabulous on top. I ordered the Schnittelachbrot, thinking that it would be slices of salmon (ok, German in 30 Days hasn´t taught me salmon yet!) and Edwin the ham-tomato-camembert. Out mine came, smeared with heavenly salted butter and … chopped chives! They had a fennel flavour, so that was a delightful surprise and it was a very refreshing breakfast indeed. The waitress had bright red hair in a bob, with a fringe that came to a point in the centre, and very black straight eyebrows (aided by a pencil, I suspect). She was actually lovely (so I have to make an exception to the statement made under `People` of the part II section of Week 4) and when asked, gave us some very detailed directions to not one, but the two closest Post Offices. Good German practice.
Balaton Lake is still, is full of fish and I suspect can very enjoyably be rowed upon.
What a moody, Hungarian sky. And we all thought Dutch skies were so unique.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home