Inburgering, or integrating
By some freak-coincidence, I have double booked myself. For someone who has few friends, no job, and no real responsibilities, it's quite a feat to have done this.
A part of my preparations to marry a Dutch national requires that I become integrated into Dutch society. This means doing a Dutch exam on the language, society and job opportunities. If I fail my exam, I have to go to school for 3 hours a day for 1 - 1.5 years. As you can appreciate, I don't really want to do that. It will get in the way of my learning the language, society and basically getting a full-time job.
So I shall sit this integration, I mean inburgering test, to pass it and ensure that I don't have to go back to school.
The test is tomorrow. At 9am. But I also have another very important appointment at 10.30am.
It's at another place of learning, Look Beautyinstitute, for a 90 minute facial. Ah, priorities, and dilemmas etc!
Anyway, since arriving in the Netherlands (on 21 November, I'll have been here 3 months), I have taken some lessons in the language, and have secured a job. But what do I know about Dutch society? So, I decided to do this National integration test: http://www.teleac.nl/nationaleinburgeringtest/#
Try it if you want, but you need to be able to read Dutch.
I got 3,8. Out of 10.
In an attempt to console myself, I kept thinking that most Dutch people failed this test when it was run on national television. But panic overcame me and I got on the internet to do more inburgering tests online, simultaneously trying to memorise all 71 pages of the Dutch constitution as well as the map of the Netherlands (not!) ... when I got a phone call.
The dude I was supposed to take the ROC inburgering test is sick this week. Some poor schmuck has to call everyone he has appointments with, and cancel them.
What does this mean?
It means I can get to my facial appointment after all. Hooray!
It also means I do not have to go in tomorrow to sit the test and instead I can cram a bit more! Yay for me! (But not for Hans).
A part of my preparations to marry a Dutch national requires that I become integrated into Dutch society. This means doing a Dutch exam on the language, society and job opportunities. If I fail my exam, I have to go to school for 3 hours a day for 1 - 1.5 years. As you can appreciate, I don't really want to do that. It will get in the way of my learning the language, society and basically getting a full-time job.
So I shall sit this integration, I mean inburgering test, to pass it and ensure that I don't have to go back to school.
The test is tomorrow. At 9am. But I also have another very important appointment at 10.30am.
It's at another place of learning, Look Beautyinstitute, for a 90 minute facial. Ah, priorities, and dilemmas etc!
Anyway, since arriving in the Netherlands (on 21 November, I'll have been here 3 months), I have taken some lessons in the language, and have secured a job. But what do I know about Dutch society? So, I decided to do this National integration test: http://www.teleac.nl/nationaleinburgeringtest/#
Try it if you want, but you need to be able to read Dutch.
I got 3,8. Out of 10.
In an attempt to console myself, I kept thinking that most Dutch people failed this test when it was run on national television. But panic overcame me and I got on the internet to do more inburgering tests online, simultaneously trying to memorise all 71 pages of the Dutch constitution as well as the map of the Netherlands (not!) ... when I got a phone call.
The dude I was supposed to take the ROC inburgering test is sick this week. Some poor schmuck has to call everyone he has appointments with, and cancel them.
What does this mean?
It means I can get to my facial appointment after all. Hooray!
It also means I do not have to go in tomorrow to sit the test and instead I can cram a bit more! Yay for me! (But not for Hans).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home